Hi, my name is Herbert and it all started when I was practicing football with Earl. He is my big brother. When I went out for a pass, I thought I saw the football smile at me. I missed the football and my brother said I suck. I told him that I saw the football smile at me. Earl said that I am going crazy. I went to go get the football to see if there was a smile on it, but there wasn’t. I wondered if I was going crazy. When I picked up the football and was ready to throw it, my mom said to come eat. When we were eating we talked about the game that was coming up on Thursday at are school. The mascot is a bulldog. We were going against the rams. We were going to win them. It was a home game. When we got done eating, I went outside to look for the football. I couldn’t find it, but I did see little footprints running off. So I thought that someone stole it.
The next morning I went to school and all the football players were ready for the game. We couldn’t wait for the game. Everyone was saying good luck at the game, Herbert. I said, “thanks.” After school, we were getting ready for the game when the rams came out of their bus. They had big people. We even might loose, but we still think we can win. We got onto the field to get ready to receive the football. They kicked it. It came right to me. I caught it and I went running. I got hit on the thirty yard line. The next time the quarterback was throwing a pass to me. The ball was hiked and I took off. I was moving through the people. When I got threw them, I was open. The quarterback threw it and I swore that I saw the face again. I missed it again. My coach was yelling at me saying that I was open and no one was around me. I said that I would catch the next one. We had two more downs so we had to punt and it. The Rams caught the ball. While he was running, I saw the ball smile again. When the kid was getting tackled the ball bit him. When the play was over with the kid was laying on the ground holding his arm. The coaches went out to go see what was wrong. The kid’s hand was gushing out blood. The coach said to get it bandaged. They took the kid off the field covered in blood. Where he was a lot of blood was on the ground. We started to play again and then we had no more problems on the filed the rest of the game.
We won by a touchdown. We were so happy that we won. When we got home my brother came up to me and said, “Herbert you did good at the game. I said, “thanks, Earl.” When I was going to bed, I thought about the football at the game and how the football smiled at me. I saw the football bite the kid.
The next morning when I went to eat breakfast my mom was watching the news, a person got murder at his house and there was bit marks all over him. The news said the person had been stabbed. I knew something else did it, but I wasn’t going to tell the news because they would thing I was crazy. I wasn’t going to say anything to anyone. My mom said, “the bus is here.” I said, “OK.” I went on the bus and everyone was talking about the news. My friend Billy asked me if I heard about the man on the news. I said, “yah, I heard it.” When we got to school more people were taking about the man. After school we had football practice. I was so glad for the first time. We were working on plays today. This means that I get to hit people. As we were practicing the same thing happened to my friend Billy. He got bit by the football. He was bleeding all over the place. I felt bad for Billy. Coach said that practice was done for today.
I went to look at the bite marks on his hand. They were deep in his arm. The ambulance came and picked him up. They took him to the hospital. All the football players went home. When I was riding home, I told my mom what happened to Billy. I told her what happened. I said the football bit him and the other person at the game. I asked how could it happen? My mom said, “lets go visit Billy at the hospital.” I said, “OK.”
When we got there, they had him patched him up. They said that it was the same type of bite that the other kid had. I told them what I saw. The football bit him. I told them that I wasn’t lying. They said that they would keep their eyes open. I know that they thought I was lying.
Earl and I were practicing football with some teammates on our yard. I saw the face again and one of Earl’s friends saw it too. He said, “like, did you guys see that?” They said, “like, what did you see?” He said that he saw a face on the football. They asked if he was alright. He said, “yeah, I am. I swear I saw a face.” “I said, “yeah, I saw it too.” They believed us. We tried catching the ball so that they could see it. Earl caught the ball and said that he saw the football smile at him. We thought we needed to warn people. When we went to tell my mom who was watching the news, it was happening all over the place about footballs with legs running all over and attacking people. We heard something upstairs. I remembered that we had lots of balls upstairs like footballs and basketballs. I said we better shut the doors before they can get down here. Earl’s friend said, “I am need to go home and warn our families. They ran outside. We looked out the windows and saw that they were getting attacked. We got are guns out and began to pop the basketballs and footballs all over the place. It was a lot of fun chasing after the balls. We needed more ammo for our guns so we got out knives out. The balls popped like balloons. Popped footballs, soccer balls, basketballs, tennis balls, and golf balls were all over the place.
The next day we were walking around town, we noticed there weren’t any more balls around. We wondered what we would use for playing ball. We decided to use watermelons and cantaloupes until they figured out what made the balls go crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment